Shatta Wale did a lot of work in 2020 but he’s unfortunately not getting the mileage for his hustle.
Mr. Charles Nii Armah Mensah Junior, professionally known as Shatta Wale released so many songs, won ambassadorial deals and some other mileages.
Even though the local stations, entertainment shows, pundits and blogs failed to trumpet it some of his fans are ever bent on proclaiming his good works.
In an attempt to get popularize his successes, two loyal fans of Shatta Movement Pedawan(blogger) and Friday Born Kofi (Social Commentator) have decided to compile the list for all Shatta Wale’s achievement under the year, 2020.
The list as edited by Flex K. Germain( Shatta Wale’s Publicist) includes the following;
- He featured on Beyonce’s Lion King Album: Delux Edition
- Shatta Wale again was casted and featured in Beyonce’s Black Is King, a music film. He featured as a performer in the Already video and cast member.
- Appeared on Billboard several times for his contributions to Beyonce’s Lion King Album(Already) and the Tropical House Cruises To Jamaica album.
- He became Billboard’s most watched Ghanaian artist on YouTube
- Shatta Wale also got ranked in Billboard’s social 50
- He became the only African artist that Billboard follows On Instagram
- He led the most talked about reggae album in 2020, the Tropical House Cruises To Jamaica compilation album which featured the likes of Vybz Kartel and Tommy Lee Sparta. The album achieved a Billboard success of being the 16th best reggae album.
- He became the only Ghanaian to feature twice on New York Time Square Advertising space.
- Mr. Charles Armah also became the only Ghanaian artist to feature in Billboard Tv’s entertainment news bulletin
- Appeared on a USA based TV, ABC’s morning show.
- He also had an interview with a UK based radio station, Robbo Ranx.
- He had another interview with Focus On Africa, a BBC program.
- The 1 Don, as affectionately called had top Jamaican media outlets talking about him. He featured in Jamaica’s Onstage, the Jamaican Gleaner, The Jamaican Observer and the Jamaican Star.
- Had an interview with the Essence Magazine.
- He appeared on a Jamaican TV station, CVC TV.
- He concluded the year with leading the Jamaican Garrison Christmas Album.
Major Awards And Nominations
- He won, together with Beyonce’s and Major Lazer the Best Styling In A Video at the UK Music Awards 2020.
- Nominated for the Best Dance Performance at the BET Soul Train Awards 2020.
- Shatta Wale won the Best African Artist at the MOBO Awards 2020.
Brand Ambassadorial Deals
- He started the year by extending his contract with Infinix Mobile, Ghana.
- He went on to be signed by Sunday Herbal Center, charged with promoting Sibi Capsules
- He became and still is the brand ambassador for Exim Bank, Ghana
- Sought by Asaase Radio to promote the new station with a giggle.
- He became the brand ambassador for Bet Planet
- He managed to secure a contract extension with the Kassapreko Group Of Companies to continue as the brand ambassador for Storm Energy Drink.
- He started with a self-sponsored novice virtual concert in Ghana dubbed ” The Faith Concert” where he thrilled many Ghanaians from his ship massion.
- He went on to perform at the Covid-19 Tracker App Launch weeks after the Faith Concert.
- He performed at Sarkodie’s Black Love Concert
- Shatta Wale performed at Hon. Peter Amewu’s Victory Concert in Hohoe.
- He ended the year with a sterling performance at the DJ Awards Night.
- Shatta Wale released a total of 50 singles.
- He recorded the Menacles Of A Shatta ( EP)
Awards Won By Shatta Wale
- Shatta Wale emerged as the Artist Of The Year at the African Choice Award 2020, Nigeria.
- He also won the Best African Artist category at the Muzikol Music Awards 2020, Cameron.
- Shatta Wale was also adjudged the Star Icon Of The Year at the Youths Excellence Awards 2020
- He won the categories of the Influencial Icon and the Project Of The Year at the Ashanti Music Awards 2020. His Kumerica Invasion Project won him the best project.
- Shatta Wale won the Best Collaboration Category at the BreakTudo Awards 2020, Brazil with the Already song.
- Won Best Collaboration at the NCCAP Awards, USA.
Below is the chart