Harry & Meghan Resigns From British Royal Duties!!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced on Wednesday that they will ‘step back as ‘senior’ members of the royal family,’ leaving behind their taxpayer-funded lives to find financial independence.

In an official statement they released Yesterday 8th January 2020, they said the following:


“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution.

“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.
“It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment.

“We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages.
This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.

“We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties.

“Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

This statement comes after the Duke and Duchess visited Canada House in central London, meeting with Canada’s High Commissioner to the UK, Janice Charette.

The couple’s move follows weeks of speculation about their future after they took an extended break from royal duties over the festive period that followed an emotional appearance in a documentary.

In a previous interview last year, they spoke about the pressures they have been facing and family issues, and in a separate move, Harry issued a damning statement against the media accusing sections of the press of bullying his wife.

A British Palace spokeswoman said: “Discussions with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are at an early stage and further said the following;
“We understand their desire to take a different approach, but these are complicated issues that will take time to work through.”

Prince Harry is sixth in line to succession of the British throne -he’s behind father Prince Charles, and brother Prince William and his three children.

By Adjoa Goodfriday

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
%d bloggers like this:
scroll to top